As you already know, housekeeping is a never-ending task. It can seem like no matter how much you clean, it continues to pile up. To top it off, some chores are easy to forget, especially if they aren’t a daily task or they’re in an area you don’t interact with often. One of the most common home maintenance items people forget to perform is cleaning or replacing your air filters. As your one-stop-shop for all of your HVAC and air filter supplies, Brookaire is here to help you stay on top of your air filter care. Follow these steps and you’ll always breathe clean, safe air in your home.
- Know when to change/clean your air filter
- For a one-person residence with no pets, every 3-6 months.
- For a two or more person home with no pets, every 3 months.
- For a home with two to four people and one pet, monthly.
- For homes with more than one pet, monthly.
- For homes with people of allergy and upper respiratory concerns, bi-monthly.
- For homes near construction zones, high air pollution areas, or other particle-dense conditions, bi-monthly.
- Remind yourself to change your filter
- Tape a piece of paper onto your filter and record each date you clean your filter.
- Make a reminder in your planner, phone, or on your family calendar.
- Set alarms through your phone, email, etc.
- Don’t let yourself forget to change your air filters because you’ve run out. Shop our air filtration supplies and invest in a year’s worth of air filters.
- While you shop for air filtration supplies, purchase your air filters in bulk to lower your maintenance costs.
We want to make your life a little easier, so we have let you in on a few of our expert tricks to help you take care of your air filters. Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns about your air filtration.