Special HD CalClean 1 gallon
Special HD CalClean is an extra-strong liquid detergent containing surface-active agents, grease solvents, alkaline cleaners, corrosion inhibitors, and water conditioners specifically designed for cleaning electronic air filters. Electronic air filters can become coated with tobacco tars and other deposits that are very difficult to remove with ordinary detergents. HD CalClean will rapidly clean dirt, grease, dust and tars from the plates on these filters and, it will not corrode or tarnish aluminum or other metals when used at the recommended concentrations.
The product is easy to use-just spray it on. HD CalClean quickly reacts with caked-on greasy dirt and smoke tar residues, loosening them and making them water soluble and easy to rinse off. Dirt and grease are flushed away effortlessly with an ordinary hose. If no water connection is available, fresh water may be sprayed on with any of the Nu-Calgon sprayers. Equipment will be left clean and ready to operate at top efficiency.
This product must be used in accordance to the following directions by HVACR professionals only.
- Turn the unit and fans off.
- Mix 1 part HD CalClean with 5 parts water. Add the water to the sprayer tank first and then the product. (If using the No. 200P, you will add the HD CalClean first.)
- Spray the cleaning solution on the plates, using any of the Nu-Calgon sprayers. Be sure to get all surfaces of the plates thoroughly wet with the cleaning solution.
- Allow the solution to remain on the plates for 5 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with hose. If the unit is equipped with spray nozzles for washing the system, they can be used for rinsing. Use hot water if available.
- On very dirty units it may be necessary to repeat steps 3, 4 and 5.