Rx 11 Flush 2 lb Canister
Rx11-flush is a unique solvent that has been engineered for flushing refrigeration and air conditioning systems. Its patented HFC based solvent formulation is powerful enough to flush away sludge, carbon residue, oils, acids, water and other particulate. This makes it ideal for system flushing after burnouts, retrofits and for flushing line sets for R-410A conversions. It is non-toxic, non-flammable and is non-ozone depleting.
From time to time, refrigeration and air conditioning systems suffer failures which result in contamination. The most common such failure is a compressor burnout. During such an event, the refrigeration system becomes contaminated with large quantities of unwanted particulate, sludge, acids, carbon residues and possibly moisture. All of these contaminants must be removed before the system can be returned to duty.
This product must be used in accordance to the following directions by HVACR professionals only.
- Use only the appropriate refrigerant, proper recovery equipment, component parts, tools and lubricants as established in the industry and as listed in this service bulletin.
- Do not inject the solvent into the compressor itself; only the supporting refrigeration system should be flushed.
- Large systems or systems with unusual configurations that could trap the solvent should be disassembled and flushed section by section.
- The exact amount of Rx11-flush required will vary by the internal design of the system, the nature of the system failure, the degree of contamination trapped in the system, and the temperatures at which the failure occurred.
- If the system to be flushed includes larger components such as a receiver we recommend a visual inspection. If these components appear to be contaminated, and are small enough to be flushed with Rx11-flush, then do so. If they are too large to economically flush with Rx11-flush, then the use of a traditional degreasing solvent, such as Degreasing Solvent ef (Part No. 4162-07) should be considered for them.
- DANGER: Never connect this canister to nitrogen via manifold sets or other charging hoses! Failure to insure system is free of pressure when injecting Rx11-flush may cause the can to burst and result in injury.