Cal-Brite 1 gallon
Cal-Brite Plus is a low-pH or acid-based product developed for cleaning evaporator coils, air-cooled condensers and other finned cooling and heating coils. It is based upon glycolic and fluorosilic acids. The activity between the glycolic and fluorosilicic acids, plus surfactant blend results in a synergistic cleaning effect, providing a clean, brightened coil but with the utmost in safety to the applicator and the job site as compared to hydrofluoric acid based products.
Cal-Brite Plus technology provides a safer alternative with excellent performance. The synergy of its acidic-based formulation achieves foaming, brightening and cleaning, but without the dangers that are typical to high concentrations of hydrofluoric acid. Because of its low odor and increased safety, Cal-Brite Plus can be used on indoor coils.
This product must be used in accordance to the following directions by HVACR professionals only.
- Shake before using. Also, wear safety goggles, gloves and personal protective equipment. Do not mix chemicals.
- If the coil is heavily soiled with lint, hair and other heavy soils, use a brush to remove this matter prior to using Cal-Brite Plus.
- For normal to heavy soils and grease, dilute 3 parts water to 1 part Cal-Brite Plus. For light soils, dilute 6 parts water to 1 part Cal-Brite Plus. Also, when cleaning evaporator coils be sure the condensate pan and drain are clear to insure proper draining of cleaning solution and rinse.
- Shut off the system as well as blowers or air handling equipment prior to cleaning. If using indoors on an evaporator coil, be sure nearby registers are closed. Although the blower was turned off, natural air currents could pick up and entrain droplets of cleaning solution and this should be controlled.
- Spray diluted Cal-Brite Plus onto coil with a low pressure sprayer. Avoid back spray.
- Wait 5-10 minutes, then rinse coils thoroughly with water. Take your time to insure complete cleaning.
- After cleaning, treat coil with Cal-Shield® coil protector